Catherine Cook's Extended Day Program (2:45-6:00 p.m.) provides a supervised, consistent, and familiar place for students to go any afternoon school is in session (with the exception of half days published on the Academic Calendar). Students in Extended Day enjoy free time play, stories, table activities, games, crafts, and time to complete homework.
1.) Extended Day Drop-in Option
The Drop-in option is for families who use Extended Day sporadically.
When you need drop-in childcare, log in to My BackPack. Under Program Registration, register for the Drop-in day and block(s) that you need: Block 1 4:30 p.m. dismissal ($25) and Block 2 inside pick up between 4:45-6:00 p.m. (additional $12.50).
**Please note: The online registration system closes daily at 12:00 p.m. for day of drop-ins.** Parents who have not communicated in advance by registering online by 12:00 p.m. the day of will be charged $55/child for Emergency Extended Day childcare.
2.) Extended Day Trimester Option
Students attending Extended Day on a regular basis should be registered by Trimester (Fall, Winter, or Spring) through My BackPack.
- Fall: September 3 - November 22
- Winter: December 2 - March 6
- Spring: March 9 - June 4
Trimester Rates for Extended Day
Early Childhood Students
- Students in preschool, junior kindergarten, and senior kindergarten enjoy free time play, story time, table activities, games, crafts, and playground time (weather permitting).
Lower School Students
- Students in first through fourth grade have a recess period, quiet study time to work on homework or academic related activities, and time permitting- games, crafts, and free play.
Middle School Students
- Students in fifth through eighth grade have a quiet study space to work on homework or an academic related activity as well as a short recess time.
Late Day: All Grades
- Most of our after school programs end at 4:30 p.m. To accommodate family needs, we offer a Late Day program until 6:00 p.m.
- Students in preschool through eighth grade are grouped based upon age and are offered a variety of supervised activities including: games, activities, crafts, recess, books, and independent choices.