Catherine Cook's Extended Day Program (2:45-6:00 p.m.) provides a supervised, consistent, and familiar place for students to go any afternoon school is in session (with the exception of half days published on the Academic Calendar). Students in Extended Day enjoy free time play, stories, table activities, games, crafts, and time to complete homework.
1.) Extended Day Drop-in Option
The Drop-in option is for families who use Extended Day sporadically.
When you need drop-in childcare, log in to My BackPack. Under Program Registration, register for the Drop-in day and block(s) that you need: Block 1 4:30 p.m. dismissal ($25) and Block 2 inside pick up between 4:45-6:00 p.m. (additional $12.50). Please note: The online registration system closes daily at 12:00 p.m. for day of drop-ins.
Email Lindsey Pearson, Associate Director of Co-Curricular Programs, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
2.) Extended Day Trimester Option
Students attending Extended Day on a regular basis should be registered by Trimester (Fall, Winter, or Spring) through My BackPack. Registration for Winter 2018 opens Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
- Fall: September 4 - November 30
- Winter: December 3 - March 8
- Spring: March 11 - June 6
Trimester Rates for Extended Day
Cougar Cubs (Early Childhood Students)
- Students in preschool, junior kindergarten, and senior kindergarten.
- Cougar Cubs enjoy free time play, story time, table activities, games, crafts, and playground time (weather permitting).
- Cougar Cubs are separated into three groups based upon their grade levels- preschool, junior kindergarten, and senior kindergarten.
Cougar Club (Lower School Students)
- Students in first through fourth grade.
- Cougar Club includes a recess period, quiet study time to complete homework or work on academic related activities, and time permitting- games, crafts, and free play.
- Cougar Club is separated into two groups based on grade level. First and second graders are one group. Third and fourth graders are another.
Homework Club (Middle School Students)
- Students in fifth through eighth grade.
- Homework Club is a quiet study space for middle school students to complete homework or work on an academic related activity.
Late Day (All Grades)
Most of our after school programs end at 4:30 p.m., with pick-up expected between 4:30-4:45 p.m. To accommodate family needs, we offer a Late Day program until 6:00 p.m.
- Students in preschool through eighth grade.
- Students are grouped based upon age and are offered a variety of supervised activities including: games, activities, crafts, recess, books, and independent choices.