Catherine Cook School plans to open with our On-Campus Transition Plan on Tuesday, September 8. The school is devoted to the health and safety of our community and will continue to follow specific health precautions in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines. Our Re-Entry Plan is consistent with the Illinois State Board of Education protocols as we plan for a full return to campus. As a result, adjustments to class/cohort sizes, use of classroom spaces, scheduling, and program will be made in order to accommodate the size of the student, faculty, and staff population.
Re-Entry Frequently Asked Questions (updated Monday, August 17)
- Will students be required to remain in one classroom all day?
- How will students move throughout the building?
- Can I take my child into their classroom in the morning and pick them up in their classroom after school?
- How will Cook determine whether or not to close the campus and switch to all-school CDL?
- Where will my child enter/dismiss? What if we have children in various divisions?
- Will students and adults be required to wear face masks at all times?
- What happens if a student loses, rips, or damages their mask during the day? Is a new mask provided for them?
- Will students and adults be required to practice 6 feet of spatial distancing inside and outside of the classroom?
- Will cohorts mix with any other cohorts during PE, recess, or similar activities?
- How will hygiene and cleanliness be managed?
- Will students be sharing an iPad, laptop, charger, or other touch-based technology?
- What if parents/guardians have a trip/work travel to a location on Chicago’s travel advisory list? Does the child need to quarantine after their return?
- What happens if a child is experiencing other symptoms of an illness that is not COVID-related?
- How will you help ensure students or faculty/staff don’t come to school when they are sick?
- How many students will be in a cohort?
- Do we have a sample daily schedule?
- How will children interact with each other during the day? Will they be collaborating?
- Will students be sharing supplies?
- Will there still be physical education classes in the gymnasium?
- How will students safely use the rooftop playground spaces for recess and other activities?
- What will the CDL option look like?
- Will my child have the same teacher whether I choose on-campus or CDL?
- If a classroom cohort goes into quarantine, will the entire group switch to the CDL program already being administered by those students that opted for CDL for the trimester?
- Will there be opportunity for those on the CDL option to socialize with students in school through live streaming?
- Is the curriculum the same between on-campus and CDL?
- If the COVID situation changes earlier than expected, will I be able to opt back in to on-campus from CDL before the end of the trimester?
- Will CDL cost less than tuition for on-campus?